Tree Glow | Suzanne McDermott Watercolor
What with Mercury going direct, waking up a bit too late this morning, and starting up this transformed blog today, I almost forgot that it's the Autumnal Equinox. This topic deserves a nice, juicy, long post but I'll just throw a few brief thoughts out to acknowledge and honor this oh, so important moment of the year.
Here's what I'm doing:
- Writing this blog post!
- Reading this National Geographic article.
- Lighting a candle and
- Some sandalwood incense*, too! (Okay, just did both.)
- Give thanks for the summer and all that we learned from that season this year.
- Ask for blessings and clear direction in how I may now best serve earth and my fellow earthlings
- with special intentions
- Go out and touch the earth
- Feed my azaleas
Those are my quick tips for today's Equinox except to turn you on to my favorite incense! (See below.)
*The BEST sandalwood incense in the world is Mainichi Byakudan Premium Sandalwood Incense. I discovered this incense in a fabulous home and garden shop in Providence, Rhode Island about ten years ago. It spoiled me and is the only incense I've ever bought or used since. Pure, woodless, rolled by hand, it's expensive but worth it.