Water, water everywhere


Wave
Watercolor, 8 x 8 in.

Go with the flow

I don't know enough.

Some psychic or intuitive once looked me in the eye and said, "You were once a powerful astrologer." Maybe, but not in this lifetime.

There are big haps in the cosmos right now and I wish that I knew more so that I could tell you more about what it all means. Every astrologer I've scanned seems to have a different take on the Grand Water Trine shaping up for tomorrow.

Then I realized that I don't need to know more (thank god for small favors) or even a whole lot. For me, paying attention to astrology is a lot like being aware of the weather. I don't need to know why it's raining or what it means. I just need to know that it's raining so I can carry an umbrella, put on my raincoat or postpone my walk. Better that than get soaked in a downpour.

So, I don't know what's going on exactly but something certainly is.

On July 17th, Jupiter (in Cancer), Saturn (in Scorpio) and Neptune (in Pisces) will form a perfect triangle. Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces are all water signs. This trine is rare and won't be repeated in our lifetimes. Jupiter moves around the zodiac in 12 years, Saturn in 29-30 and Neptune in 164.

We're still in a Mercury retrograde phase in Cancer (water) and there's the full moon in Aquarius (water) on the 22nd. That's an unusual amount of strong cosmic action in water signs and there's lots more going on but this is not an astrology column and I'm not going to suggest any meaning or import because I'd have no idea what I was talking about. Anyway, even if I knew more, I'd still be offering only an opinion because so much of astrology is merely interpretation. And the more you know, the more complex the interpretation becomes.

Still, although it's easy to forget in our current civilization, we're living entities on a planet revolving with other planets around a star and subject to all sorts of energies and forces known and unknown. It's thrilling when you think about it.

If you're interested, google this stuff and see if you can glean some clarity. (Frankly, I'm more confused after having done so.)

Here is a short list of my favorite astrologers whose interpretations I appreciate:

Rob Brezsny (positively radical)

Jonathan Cainer (encouraging with watercolor illustrations!)

CafĂ© Astrology (in-depth explanations)

The Astrotwins (stylin'!)

____________________________________________

Join my Tribe and receive ongoing inspiration
  • Creative Wake Up eBook
  • with bonus song download
  • and my Weekly eZine Stroke and Flow
   


No comments: