The Sky Above


The Sky Above 
Watercolor, 5.5 x 7.25 inches

It's the first full moon of 2012. The Full Wolf Moon. 

I took poetic license and referred to this as the "Howling Moon" in my song Golden Needles. That song was inspired by a short article about a 300 year old sacred tree that was cut down by a vandal.

I was teaching a 3-day songwriting workshop at my alma mater, New College, and had given an assignment to write a song based on an article in that day's newspaper. Sitting on a bench looking over Sarasota Bay, I composed my own assignment.

Click below to listen to the song from Ephemera.
Golden Needles


Crazy people do crazy things.
Make it your intention to be sane this year. Leap out of the stream of your exhausting thoughts into the present moment. When you feel your mind getting out of hand, aka stressed, pay attention to your breath. Take one conscious breath. Take another. Get into your body. Pick up a pencil and draw something right in front of you. That's my Rx.

Last chance to join my online course in drawing and watercolor! Course starts on Thursday!
Click here to register for the 12 or 24 week course!
____________________________________________

Enjoy this post? Subscribe now!

Subscribe by RSS Subscribe by Email! Add to iGoogle
| More

Learn about my Online Drawing and Watercolor Courses

Join my Tribe and receive a FREE package of inspiration
  • Free Drawing Lesson eBook
  • Free Song Download (my well-loved Great Day)
  • and my Weekly eZine Stroke and Flow


Learn about my Online Drawing and Watercolor Courses

2 comments:

joshemari said...

Suzanne, c'est couleurs me plaisent beaucoup. Même, toujours tes couleurs m'ont fasciné.
Je t'embrasse.
C’est toi qu’elle chante ? Une musique très agréable ! Je l’écoute avec plaisir !!

Suzanne McDermott said...

Joshemari!
I am always so happy to have your comments and kisses!!!
Oui, c'est moi qui chante! c'était ma dernière carrière.
Voila: http://www.suzannemcdermott.com/p/songs.html

XO