Wild Blue Yonder


Wild Blue Yonder 
10 x 10 inches, 2011
Watercolor, graphite, watercolor pencil, gouache 
(unmatted)
$390


 Wow. This painting was a challenge to replicate (relatively) correctly on screen. A lot of subtle changes in value and color. But you get the idea.

It's a development from my charcoal and conté study. I love scribbling with charcoal and chalk and pastel. Too dusty for my sensibilities, I'm afraid. So... how to scribble and sculpt with watercolor. The crayons are too waxy, the pencils have their limitations, not least of which is size of point.

Stroke and flow. I've been considering the problems with incorporating these two for decades. I just may turn to gouache.

____________________________________________

Enjoy this post? Subscribe now!

Subscribe by RSS Subscribe by Email! Add to iGoogle
| More

Join my Tribe and receive a FREE package of inspiration
  • Free Drawing Lesson eBook
  • Free Song Download (my well-loved Great Day)
  • and my Weekly eZine Stroke and Flow


Learn about my Online Drawing and Watercolor Course.

2 comments:

Hey Zhel said...

IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL. >.<

Hey Zhel said...

IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL. >.<