Hidden in the Hills


Hidden in the Hills
Watercolor, 8 x 9 inches

Nunjabi Book I

After weeks of high and dry heat, we're receiving days of cool and constant rain. It's a good change. My garden is happy.

Contracted and cracked in the weeks of heat, the soil is now swollen and overflowing, yet still receiving more rain.

Expanding and contracting. Giving and receiving. Being fertile and laying fallow. Yang and yin. Each partner lays dormant within the other, nurturing and collaborating to create new offspring. It's the nature of the universe.

You have seven more days to register for my Fall 2011 Online Drawing + Watercolor Course.

____________________________________________

Enjoy this post? Subscribe now!

Subscribe by RSS Subscribe by Email! Add to iGoogle
| More

Join my Tribe and receive a FREE package of inspiration
  • Free Drawing Lesson eBook
  • Free Song Download (my well-loved Great Day)
  • and my Weekly eZine Stroke and Flow


Learn about my Online Drawing and Watercolor Course.

6 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

Love those purples and violets and greens and the beautiful flow of this one.

Hazel Mamaril said...

Beautiful. :)

Sigh. It's still dry here. I hope it starts raining soon. :)

Suzanne McDermott said...

Thanks, Rhonda. A new tube of M. Graham Dioxazine Purple launched this one.

Suzanne McDermott said...

Hey, ZEL!

Dry in Vancouver? Hasn't stopped here. I'll splash a puddle your way. Hope school is fun.

Cathy Gatland said...

Love your new palette-plays, and your ponderings on life Suzanne!

Suzanne McDermott said...

Wow! Another country heard from (as my parents used to say.) I hope you're doing beautifully and feeling great.

Thanks, Cathy. Great to have you stop by.