Almost Harvest


Almost Harvest
Watercolor, 8 x 9 inches

Nunjabi Book I

Summer evaporates. In some places, may the flood waters to evaporate right along with it. Not quite fall yet summer is definitely over.

I remember the years my family would stay at the shore one day past Labor Day weekend. Along with the Shoobies went the entire season. The empty beach felt differently lit. Suddenly the sun was at a noticeably more acute angle. The breeze was cooler, the water more bracing. I wanted to stay on but that wasn't my call.

As you transition into the changing season, think about spending 8 weeks learning about drawing and watercolor. As a treat give yourself time to slow down and do something by hand and eye.

Each season is a one time thing. Eight weeks pass in the blink of an eye.

Join us for my Fall 2011 Online Drawing + Watercolor Course starting September 22nd.

Are you in Nashville? Click here for my September Workshop
____________________________________________

Enjoy this post? Subscribe now!

Subscribe by RSS Subscribe by Email! Add to iGoogle

| More

Join my Tribe and receive a FREE package of inspiration

  • Free Basic Drawing Lessons eBook
  • Free Song Download (my well-loved Great Day)
  • and my Weekly eZine Stroke and Flow


Learn about my Online Drawing and Watercolor Course.

7 comments:

Hazel Mamaril said...

That's beautiful Suzanne. :')

Suzanne McDermott said...

Thanks, Sweetheart! Hope school is off to a fabulous start!

Forest Dream Weaver said...

Suzanne,this is a lovely painting,beautiful colour and movement!
Ruby

Suzanne McDermott said...

Thank you, Ruby. Glad you came over!

Olivia said...

Fool of feelings with this one Suzanne. I am in love with this choice of colors ! Bises.

Olivia said...

Also full of feelings for sure !

Suzanne McDermott said...

Oh, I like FOOL of feelings!!! Thanks, dahling. XO back to you.