Wave


Wave
Watercolor, 8 x 9 inches

Nunjabi Book I

So, here's what I think we should do:
Put on some Antonio Carlos Jobim.
Pour a tall glass of lemonade with a sprig of mint.
Climb into a hammock under a shady tree
by a crystal flowing stream,
where birds are sweetly twittering,
and the breeze is fresh and clear.
Where is this place?

If you know, please tell me. I need to move some place with fresh air!

____________________________________________

Enjoy this post? Subscribe now!

Subscribe by RSS Subscribe by Email! Add to iGoogle

| More

Join my Tribe and receive a FREE package of inspiration

  • Free Basic Drawing Lessons eBook
  • Free Song Download (my well-loved Great Day)
  • and my Weekly eZine Stroke and Flow


Learn about my Online Drawing and Watercolor Course.

4 comments:

Nan Johnson said...

First, I love your wave. Love all that blue!!

Now I'm not sure where you are, but toxic air! Oh boy, sounds like you need a change of a bit of scenery. I strongly recommend a trip to the Adirondack mountains in NY state. Or the Finger Lakes region in NY, with all the vineyards - you can smell the grapes as you drive by. So many lakes in NY, with fresh clean air - no air conditioning usually needed, and lots of nature for inspiration. It's my sanctuary - oh and a hammock is a must have!

Suzanne McDermott said...

Yes, indeedy! I do need a change of scenery. But I have to wait. I'm grateful to be where I am at the moment for reasons other than fresh air (although that IS rather basic).

Thanks for your comment. I spent 2 months of ever summer between age 9-11 in the Catskills. Actually, I've had the pleasure of living in many wonderful places and look forward to the next one!

Double "D" said...

The only place I can think of would be the island of Kauai. Such a quiet beautiful place, just like your painting.

Suzanne McDermott said...

Kauai would be nice for a visit! I've only been to the main island and loved that very much. A fellow I once worked for pretty much bought the island of Lanai. Ah, I can smell the plumeria now.