Wild Roses

Wild Roses
Watercolor pencil, watercolor
5 x 8 inches


Now that I can walk again, unaided, I toured my back yard late yesterday and discovered wild roses in bloom. Usually, I only see the leaves and catch the thorns. So this morning I dragged a lawn chair out and made this sketch in the moleskine watercolor book I brought to Florida last year. I like it much better than the new sketchbook I bought on a whim yesterday. I'll keep that new one for scribbles.

Not a total waste. The purchase and experiment has opened up a new way to stay grounded as I work on plans for larger pieces with new presentations. It also prompted me to sign up for the Sketchbook Project 2012. My theme: Time Travel! That project is a little ways off, though.

Back to work in the here and now.

____________________________________________
Enjoy this post? Please subscribe right now!

Subscribe by RSS Subscribe by Email! Add to iGoogle

| More


Visit the source at Suzanne McDermott
Suzanne McDermott Watercolors
Suzanne McDermott Songs

8 comments:

Nan Johnson said...

Missed this while I commented on the other. Another great sketch (yes, I have these in the yard too!). Keep going & posting - you are inspiring me to sketch again!

Suzanne McDermott said...

Well... considering that I teach drawing and watercolor as a spiritual discipline, it's sort of de rigeur. Now that I'm in shoes again, it's a good time to walk the walk. (Although I'm a firm believer in barefoot walking for good feet.)

Donna Iona Drozda said...

Hi Suzanne
Lovely to see what you're up to. I signed on for an earlier SketchBook project and loved the process.

I don't know the back story on your walking situation...but I'm happy that you're able to put shoes on... if and when you want to.

Cheers
Iona

Suzanne McDermott said...

Hi, Donna! Thanks for stopping by. Back story on my walking situation (in case you, or anyone else is interested) can be found under the My Left Foot posts here http://www.suzannemcdermott.com/search/label/My%20Left%20Foot

Cheers right back to you!

RH Carpenter said...

You have come a long way with your recuperation and I'm so glad you could walk out and sketch your roses - and like the idea for your 2012 sketchbook!

Suzanne McDermott said...

Thanks for the acknowledgement, Rhonda. I like your new profile pic!

Hazel said...

Wow! I'm happy you can walk now! And beautiful roses! =D
Keep getting better! =D

Suzanne McDermott said...

I'm on a getting better program, Hazel! Off to the pool!