Backyard Morning

Backyard Morning
Watercolor pencil, watercolor
5 x 8 inches


When I first moved into this house and, again, after I built the studio, I made series of paintings of the backyard. This year, the gardens I dug and the hedges I planted are officially established and mature. My paradise is lush and green, green, green.

It's a challenge to capture the real greens. By the time the sketch is scanned and up on my monitor, the yellows look acidic and the greens not true. But it's late, I'm tired and it's all relative. The challenge is good for practice.

This is the view I wake up to from my the window by my bed.

Recent images of backyard here. See early paintings of my back yard here. Click here for a painting of the view when I first moved in.

____________________________________________
Enjoy this post? Please subscribe right now!

Subscribe by RSS Subscribe by Email! Add to iGoogle

| More


Visit the source at Suzanne McDermott
Suzanne McDermott Watercolors
Suzanne McDermott Songs

2 comments:

Hazel said...

WOW. IMAGINE THAT. WAKING UP EVERY MORNING WITH SO MUCH BEAUTY AROUND YOU. :)

MY WINDOW MAKES ME WAKE UP WITH SUN UN MY EYES. XD

Suzanne McDermott said...

I've been very fortunate. The backyard is why I bought this place and developing it has been my most massive creative endeavor. Fun. Nice to see it grown up now and taking on a life of its own.

The sun is beautiful, too. Without the sun we'd have no (or different) beauty. Without the sun, you'd never be able to see any beauty! Have a happy day at school.