Demo Kitty

Demo Kitty
Watercolor, 8.25 x 9 inches


I made this demo for a watercolor student last week. She brought a cut-out of a sumi-e cat to class and asked me to show her how to make one. Well, here's what I produced. It's made with watercolor and a bit of fountain pen ink at the end.

I was not planning on posting this but the demo kitty kept looking up at me from the table, pleading to go public. I've given in.

I wish I could point to the source of this image but I have no idea. Still, I think it must stem from some classic source as I found a following sumi-e demo on youtube that is too, too similar!

Watch the sumi-e cat demo here.
____________________________________________
Enjoy this post?  Please subscribe right now!
 

Subscribe by RSS     Subscribe by Email!    Add to iGoogle

| More


Visit the source at Suzanne McDermott

2 comments:

Mary said...

Oh, Suzanne, how I have enjoyed browsing your excellent blog! Thank you for your lovely, lively art work, your sense of humor and grace, and the depth of your worldview and thoughts. I'm glad to have found you (via your comment on the Art with Liz blog).

Suzanne McDermott said...

Hi, Mary. I'm very glad to meet you. Thanks for taking the time to root through my blogging and to write a thoughtful comment. I appreciate it!