New Palette


A number of years ago, I wrote an extensive post on how I lay out my watercolor palette. After a deep clean and rearrangement the other day, I subtracted a few colors and added a few. Here's the new layout in my great big Thomas Lynch porcelain watercolor palette:


and what the colors look like on paper:


My colors are:

M. Graham: Azo Yellow, Gamboge, Cerulean Blue, Cobalt Blue, Anthraquinone Blue, Quinacridone Rose.

and Daniel Smith: Yellow Ochre, Goethite, Quinacridone Gold, Rich Green Gold, Green Gold, Serpentine Green, Cascade Green, Cobalt Teal, Manganese Blue, Imperial Purple, Rose of Ultramarine, Rhodonite Genuine, Perinone Orange, Deep Scarlet.

Now that the days are longer and the weather is warmer, I am ramping up for a whole new series of paintings. Mmmmm.... I love mixing color together and mixing color with water and flowing it onto fine paper. Just need a little time to pull my chops together. Stay tuned!

____________________________________________

Enjoy this post? Subscribe now!

Subscribe by RSS Subscribe by Email! Add to iGoogle
| More

Join my Tribe and receive a FREE package of inspiration

  • Free Drawing Lesson
  • Free Song Download (my well-loved Great Day)
  • and my Weekly eZine Stroke and Flow


Learn about my Online Drawing and Watercolor Course.

2 comments:

Teresa Palomar Lois said...

Sings of spring all over Suzanne, I hope to see some of your new series soon, till then just three words about your porcelain palette: "green with envy" mewantsmewantsmewants :D

Suzanne McDermott said...

Well, if it makes you feel any better, it took me 51 years to buy this. Up till then, I used a field kit or any old thing.