The Fires of Spring


The Fires of Spring
Watercolor, 5 x 7 inches
Bid for this painting at The Help Japan Challenge
All proceeds aid emergency assistance and recovery for animal victims in Japan disaster

"There is a curious paradox that no one can explain:
who understands the secrets of the reaping of the grain?
Who understands why spring is born out of winter's laboring pain,
or why we all must die a bit before we grow again?"
                — El Gallo speaks
                    at the the end of The Fantasticks, by Tom Jones


Spring is here!


____________________________________________
Enjoy this post?  Please subscribe right now!
 

Subscribe by RSS     Subscribe by Email!    Add to iGoogle

| More


Visit the source at Suzanne McDermott

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Lovely watercolor! It's different because there aren't many abstract watercolors around.

Deanna said...

Gorgeous use of colors here. In my mind it appears to be a purple flower with yellow center and greenery around. :)

Hazel said...

Beautiful!
You should but it in your cards Suzanne!
And the quote too!
=D

Suzanne McDermott said...

Thank you, Kristin! I've sort of been working toward abstraction for a few years. If you look at the Landscape into Art paintings, you'll see what I mean.

Suzanne McDermott said...

Hi Deanna. Thanks for leaving a comment. I was thinking fire but, to each their own! Glad you like the colors.

Suzanne McDermott said...

Hazel! Thanks! I think my days of notecards are behind me (you have a very limited edition). Originals are where it's at for me. XO