after La Farge

after La Farge
Watercolor and pencil, 12 x 12 inches


One of my favorite Basic Watercolor Class exercises is making a copy of a John La Farge watercolor. I made this quick demo for today's class from Wild Roses in a Chinese Bowl. The quick pieces tossed off without time for much thought are often my favorites.

To move beyond thought... that's the idea, really.

____________________________________________
Enjoy this post?
Subscribe by RSS Subscribe by Email! Add to iGoogle

| More

Join my Tribe and receive a 
  • Free Drawing Lesson
  • Free Song Download (my well-loved Great Day)
  • and my Weekly eZine Stroke and Flow


Learn about my Online Drawing and Watercolor Course.

Visit me at suzannemcdermott.com

4 comments:

Hazel said...

Beautiful mix of colors Suzanne. =D

Mineke Reinders said...

Lovely! So fresh and full of energy, especially suited to this time of year.
Happy spring Suzanne.

Suzanne McDermott said...

Thanks, Hazel!

Suzanne McDermott said...

Mineke! So great to hear from yo. Thanks for the compliment and Happy Spring to you, too. Hope the signs are evident in your part of Germany.