1811 study


1811 (study)
ink and graphite, 7 x 10 inches


It may as well be 1811. My cable went out on Wednesday in a storm and the provider who shall remain unnamed offered to reconnect on the 28th. My phone, internet and tv are all kaput and there are wires strung in trees and all over the next door neighbor's lawn.

After 4 - 6 hours on the phone and chat line with unnamed "service provider" I managed to get them to commit to come out for repairs on Monday. You would never know that I live in a major metropolitan area.

Anyway, I've been getting cosy with my local baristas and paying attention to how much I rely on this fragile connection. Also, what an addiction connection to the internet can be.

Tv? Who cares. Phone? Definitely need one of those and I've been paying through the nose for cell use.

I could not need to be connected more right now as I'm at the height of a busy work schedule. Oh, well. It's not the end of the world.

As for the drawing, I liked the naked ink but am working out with ink and graphite so added some value with that. Stay tuned for the next version.

____________________________________________

Enjoy this post?  Please subscribe right now!
 

Subscribe by RSS     Subscribe by Email!    Add to iGoogle

| More


Visit the source at Suzanne McDermott

Take some Basic Drawing Lessons.
Learn How To Throw A Big Draw In Your Neighborhood!
Visit Drawing America

3 comments:

Kiki said...

Gorgeous..what a beautiful piece!!

RHCarpenter said...

Up a lazy river...without a paddle! The sketch looks like a lazy, meandering river but it sounds like you've been without a paddle - internet connection is definitely an addiction. I wonder if I count how many times I check my email/blog/etc, will I be really afraid?? Hi, my name is Rhonda, and I'm a...wait, I need to check my "crackberry" for messages!!

SKIZO said...

Thank you for sharing
This fabulous work with us
Good creations