Professional!

Charcoal on newsprint
18 x 24 inches


I am sharing this only to tell you that I made this three minute demo surrounded by 6- to 8-year olds who kept exclaiming "Wow! You're so professional!" I had to laugh (as I signed my name with a flourish). Of all reasons to be considered professional... a charcoal sketch of toilet paper! Oh, well.

Here are my Saturday afternoon students this month. I think this is my first class of children in the studio. Darling little sponges, every one.


And while I'm at it, a glimpse from the loft of my studio in classroom form (waiting for the new morning adult group).


Modular furnishings miraculously transform space!

____________________________________________

Enjoy this post?  Please subscribe right now!
 

Subscribe by RSS     Subscribe by Email!    Add to iGoogle

| More


Visit the source at Suzanne McDermott

Take some Basic Drawing Lessons.
Learn How To Throw A Big Draw In Your Neighborhood!
Visit Drawing America

3 comments:

RHCarpenter said...

A true artist can take an ordinary, blah thing and make it beautiful - they knew what they were talking about here :) Beautiful children - maybe a portrait of one or more in your future?

Suzanne McDermott said...

Thanks, Rhonda! I could feel the impulse to hyperventilate at the thought of another potential project (children's portraits). My plate is full! Maybe in another lifetime. At least that's how I feel this morning.

Hazel said...

Aww. So cute~! LOL. How old are they? xD