Mitigator


All the photos I snapped along the Gulf and St. Joseph Bay! The camera helped me absorb the enormity of all that I know will be gone — at least it helped me to feel as though I was saving some things for memory. In fact, it was also a bit of a distraction, a mitigator of direct experience. Among the things I'll remember most viscerally are the hours I spent immersed in the gulf waters and my encounter with the loggerhead turtle just out of reach.

My one quick drawing of a crab etched that creature quite vividly in mind. Such a little thing. Enough of an experience, though, to recommit myself to my teaching, my drawing project at large, and to my own daily practice.

My blog was feeling a bit like a how I spent my summer vacation channel. (If only it were so innocuous). So, back to the drawing board!

____________________________________________

Enjoy this post?  Please subscribe right now!
 

Subscribe by RSS     Subscribe by Email!    Add to iGoogle

| More


Visit the source at Suzanne McDermott

Take some Basic Drawing Lessons.
Learn How To Throw A Big Draw In Your Neighborhood!
Visit Drawing America

No comments: