Keen Newports


Keen Newports
Suzanne McDermott
Pencil, 10 x 13 inches


While my laptop was in the shop again, I put my other work aside and had fun drawing with some General Pencils. General's sent me a box of their products so I made these with General's Drawing Pencil set and a few from the Classic Watercolor Set. I'm also trying out a new sketchbook. The paper is a bit rougher than I like for drawing but the price was right.

The General Pencils are beautifully made, smooth and secure to draw with. No breakage in drawing or sharpening. I look forward to using them more. I'll tell you though, a decent pencil drawing takes me soooo loooong to make. This one took three hours, easy. Really, that's not so long. Maybe it feels long because of other work looming.

Sitting on the floor, drawing my shoes made me feel like I was back in high school. So I called up my high school buddy, Maria who now teaches art at our alma mater and drawing classes at other schools over the summer. We gabbed while I drew. A perfect convergence.

Keen Newports are my most favorite shoes ever. I'm on my second summer of daily wear in this particular pair and there's barely any damage to the tread. When they're dirty, I throw them in the washing machine! They have pretty good support, are very comfy and and worth every penny!

8 comments:

Deanna said...

They turned out fantastic! Don't you just love to get new art supplies? I have found that now that I've been drawing for a while I prefer the smoother papers which are hard to find in a spiral bound notebook locally. I did find one at Hobby Lobby for a good price but I haven't sketched in it yet. lol

Suzanne McDermott said...

Thanks, Deanna.

Dawn said...

nice sketch!

I am on season 3 with the same blue pair LOVE THEM!

Suzanne McDermott said...

Thanks, Dawn! They really are the best.

Cathy Gatland said...

Very good 10/10 shoe drawing (that reminds me of school too!) I haven't heard of these, and am on the lookout for new walking shoes... hope I can find some here.

Suzanne McDermott said...

Hi Cathy! You might want to look online. But you do have to consider that they run a little lare (or small?) I can't remember. Check out the link to the Keen page in post. There might be international sales.

RHCarpenter said...

Well, I'll have to purchase a pair of these for my next adventure with too much walking! Love the way they turned out and they are pretty - not clunky looking. I really enjoyed your wristwatch drawn with too much caffeine in your system, too :) It does take a toll and we don't even know it.

Suzanne McDermott said...

Highly recommended, Rhonda! As for the caffeine in my system, I know all too well what a toll it takes. Every day!!!!!