Jetsam

Suzanne McDermott sketching on Cape San Blas, Florida, 18 June 2010
by Jessica McKenzie


Here are a jumble of miscellaneous snapshots that don't quite fit for a story post but give little glimpses. At top is a candid shot of me sketching in the marshes that Jessica snapped while taking photo points on the bay (and thoughtfully sent me the other day).

Jean and I spotted an easel in the marsh after our Deal Tract excursion and I jumped out for a snap of artist Leslie Peebles about to work out en plein air.



The "nursery of the bay", a spot where I snorkeled for hours while acquiring a severe sunburn (what? T-shirt?). Saw some rays, some hungry crabs, loads of pretty little fish and a bizillion sea urchins.



Storm coming in over the Gulf.


Morning sun lighting up the marshes on the way to Indian Beach


A highly done up beach house on the "Cape"


and shots from the St. Joe Marina



with Gulls on every perch and post


waiting for the next fish


to drop.

____________________________________________

Enjoy this post?  Please subscribe right now!
 

Subscribe by RSS     Subscribe by Email!    Add to iGoogle

| More


Visit the source at Suzanne McDermott

Take some Basic Drawing Lessons.
Learn How To Throw A Big Draw In Your Neighborhood!
Visit Drawing America

5 comments:

Art with Liz said...

What wonderful photos Suzanne - such a pristine area - hopefully it ca be saved.

Olivia said...

I love the way to indian beach Suzanne !

RHCarpenter said...

Great photos - I'm so glad you are still sharing them with us. I love blue BUT that beach house is a bit much - a more subtle color that blends in with the water would suit me just fine, though :)

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I wanna live in that blue house ;)
Marvelous photos. I can feel the heat!

Suzanne McDermott said...

Hmmm.... I know that I replied to these earlier comments but where did those replies go?

Anyway, thank you all and Mary, no wonder you can feel the heat. You're in the midst of a heat wave!