Echinacea


About three years ago, I picked up an extraordinarily vibrant and prolific echinacea plant that I've since divided and planted in various places around the garden. It's a wonderful subject for my drawing class and the blooms help perk up my summer house and studio.

I might just dig it up and take it along when I move.
____________________________________________
Enjoy this post?  Please subscribe right now!
 

Subscribe by RSS     Subscribe by Email!    Add to iGoogle
| More


Visit the source at Suzanne McDermott

Take some Basic Drawing Lessons.
Learn How To Throw A Big Draw In Your Neighborhood!
Visit Drawing America

6 comments:

RHCarpenter said...

Lovely drawing - simple and elegant. Are you moving?

Suzanne McDermott said...

Thanks! No moving plans at this time.

Mineke Reinders said...

I agree, the drawing is lovely. Butterflies love echinacea too, I've noticed - and that's a bonus.

Suzanne McDermott said...

Thanks, Mineke. I have loads of bees and butterflies (and birds!) in my yard. Apparently, I like the same plants as they do. (The seeds in the bird feeder help.)

Hazel said...

I like how the petals look so heavy. :D

Suzanne McDermott said...

Hmmm. They do look heavy, Hazel! Maybe they're just sleepy.