Charlottesville Kitchen

Charlottesville Kitchen
Pen and ink, 9 x 12 inches
2004


My blogging time this week is usurped by yet another layer of cleaning in my studio. This time, the supply closet. A big project but already I can feel the fresh breeze in the air.

I flipped through several old sketchbooks including one from Charlottesville, Virginia, the year before I moved to Nashville. I'm posting some drawings from that 2004 sketchbook this week.

This view was of my kitchen sink and window, overlooking Lodge Creek running through the backyard.

____________________________________________
Enjoy this post?  Please subscribe right now!
 

Subscribe by RSS     Subscribe by Email!    Add to iGoogle
| More


Visit the source at Suzanne McDermott

Take some Basic Drawing Lessons.
Learn How To Throw A Big Draw In Your Neighborhood!
Visit Drawing America

4 comments:

Hazel said...

WOW~! This looks very nice~! 2004! xD Such a long time!

Suzanne McDermott said...

Thanks, Hazel. A lot longer to you than it does to me!!!

Olivia said...

It is certainly one of these kitchens where we prefer to look through the window rather than to cook. That pleases me a lot (even if I like to cook all the same!).Bises.

Suzanne McDermott said...

I didn't think of that, Olivia. It was not a great cooking kitchen (though we threw together some great parties in it while I was there.) Kitchen windows.... to me, an important part of a house! Thanks!