the call of the running tide


I must go down to the seas again, for the call of the running tide
Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied;
And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying,
And the flung spray and the blown spume, and the sea-gulls crying.

I must go down to the seas again, to the vagrant gypsy life,
To the gull's way and the whale's way where the wind's like a whetted knife;
And all I ask is a merry yarn from a laughing fellow-rover
And quiet sleep and a sweet dream when the long trick's over.

John Masefield from Sea Fever

____________________________________________

Enjoy this post?  Please subscribe right now!
 

Subscribe by RSS     Subscribe by Email!    Add to iGoogle

| More


Visit the source at Suzanne McDermott

Take some Basic Drawing Lessons.
Learn How To Throw A Big Draw In Your Neighborhood!
Visit Drawing America

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I love that poem. Your photos and watercolors from Florida are beautiful! I hope that the ecological damage from the oil is not too bad...

joshemari said...

Chère Suzanne, Je vois avec admiration toutes ces photos de Florida et je les trouve extraordinaires. Je pense que toute cette initiative, est pour aider écologiquement et lutter contre le problème de la marée noire.
Je suis orgueilleux de vous.
Je vous embrasse.

Suzanne McDermott said...

Thanks, Kristin. I wish that I could meet your hope with encouragement....

Suzanne McDermott said...

Mon cher Joshemari,
Je le vous remercions de votre amitié, de compréhension et d'encouragement. XO