Aprés toilettage

Pen and Ink, 7 x 10 inches

When I grab Tallulah for her weekly grooming, she acts as if I'm going to kill her. Today I almost did when she sunk one of her claws deep into my back. Naturally, she sheds the most of all three cats so there's no getting around the brushing.

Here she lies, recovering in catnap land.

____________________________________________

Enjoy this post?  Please subscribe right now!
 

Subscribe by RSS     Subscribe by Email!    Add to iGoogle

| More


Visit the source at Suzanne McDermott

Take some Basic Drawing Lessons.
Learn How To Throw A Big Draw In Your Neighborhood!
Visit Drawing America

11 comments:

Hazel said...

This is so beautiful~! Simple lines to create something with such fine details~! I LOVE IT~!

Suzanne McDermott said...

Thanks, Hazel!

Mineke Reinders said...

Lovely! Both Tallulah and your drawing of her.

Suzanne McDermott said...

Thank you, Mineke!

Kristin said...

Excellent drawing! I also found the photo that you took of her a few months ago. I love the lights in the photo, she glowed!

Suzanne McDermott said...

Thanks, Kristin. Yes, Tutti is a good little model (and studio muse)!

Olivia said...

I love your drawings in the essential line. Very simple, but a lot of charm and grace.

Suzanne McDermott said...

Thank you, Olivia!

Werner said...

Hi Suzanne,
I love the 'landscape'-like composition - a wide, calm field with some details here and there, inviting for a promenade ...

Suzanne McDermott said...

Oh, good! Some continuity then. Thank god. Great to hear from you, Werner! It's been too long (though I see your free drawing every day!)

Casey said...

Aaaww - what a wonderful quick sketch. It really captures her mood. .