Pseudoceratina

Pseudoceratina
Watercolor, 5 x 7 in.


What's under the sea? Fishes and coral and sponges and algae and much, much more. I made this watercolor from a photo of McGrail Bank in the Flower Garden Banks National Marine Sanctuary in the northwestern Gulf of Mexico. Pseudoceratina? It's a purple tube sponge.

Started late, after 7 PM, and I thought I'd do a little sketch. Three hours later, I'm yawning.

Learn more about the Gulf of Mexico Deep Sea Habitats.

____________________________________________

Enjoy this post?  Please subscribe right now!  

Subscribe by RSS     Subscribe by Email!    Add to iGoogle

| More


Take some Drawing Lessons
Learn How To Throw A Big Draw In Your Neighborhood
Visit the source at Drawing America

2 comments:

RHCarpenter said...

So a little watercolor sketch becomes a 3 hour painting? Imagine that! You must have been in the zone while doing this one :)

Suzanne McDermott said...

I had no idea what I was getting into when I started. Had to finish!