Mexico Beach

Mexico Beach, Florida
June 15, 2010


It was a long and somewhat grueling drive. Over 500 miles, pretty much straight south, through severe storms around Birmingham, Alabama, and one red light after another in every small town between Montgomery and the Florida border. Once into Florida, though, I was happy again.

It was almost sunset when I spotted the first beach — Mexico Beach at the mouth of St. Joseph Bay and Aquatic Preserve. I pulled up the next side street, parked the car at an unoccupied rental, pulled off my shoes and socks and headed out to walk as long as I had the light.


Sandshark
Mexico Beach, Florida
June 15, 2010


By the time I reached Port St. Joe, it was pitch black. I needed final directions and my cell phone couldn't find a signal. So I stopped at Mr. Butts to borrow the phone and again at St. Joe Shrimp where the owners, Mark and Tammy helped me to my final destination, St. Joseph Bay State Buffer Preserve.

____________________________________________

Enjoy this post?  Please subscribe right now!
 

Subscribe by RSS     Subscribe by Email!    Add to iGoogle

| More


Visit the source at Suzanne McDermott

Take some Basic Drawing Lessons.
Learn How To Throw A Big Draw In Your Neighborhood!
Visit Drawing America

No comments: