Dunes at St. Joseph

Dunes at St. Joseph Peninsula State Park
Watercolor sketch, 5 x 7 inches


I am surrounded by marine biologists and technicians so here is how I can describe my days and evenings: I am consumed with absorbing information, collecting data and experiencing my environment. The photos and sketches will take a lot of time to process in the lab.

Even this sketch is raw. You can see a spot where I meant to include a shrimp trawler but packed up and left before doing so. (Too bright, too hot.)

Off to see the sun set. Much more later.

____________________________________________

Enjoy this post?  Please subscribe right now!
 

Subscribe by RSS     Subscribe by Email!    Add to iGoogle

| More


Visit the source at Suzanne McDermott

Take some Basic Drawing Lessons.
Learn How To Throw A Big Draw In Your Neighborhood!
Visit Drawing America

2 comments:

Art with Liz said...

Am following your travels and thoughts closely Suzanne and, apart from the amazing photographs, your watercolour sketches also give life to the Gulf.

RHCarpenter said...

You've captured the white-hot light there...I can't imagine trying to paint outside in it. Have a cool drink, process everything. Looking forward to photos and more paintings and news when you have time.