Crab

Crab
Pen and Ink, 7 x 9 inches

It's hard to believe that just one week ago, I was draped in a big old beach towel sitting in the sand with this crab on my knee. On the other hand, my back is still in the early stages of peeling from a wicked sunburn acquired while snorkeling and I'm still shaking sand from my shoes.

By the time of this drawing, my laptop had entered its long sleep and I'd surrendered to pure beach vacation and tourist mode. After a scrumptious brunch prepared by a lovely host at a secluded residence in the dunes, I lolled in the shallow waters, hunted for shells and tried to not disturb too many sleeping rays.

Not much, this little drawing of a crab but I enjoyed it and was reminded that no matter the result, drawing is truly the way into seeing. I'll always remember the fine details and patterns of this erstwhile creature because of making the drawing.

My charming model:

____________________________________________

Enjoy this post?  Please subscribe right now!
 

Subscribe by RSS     Subscribe by Email!    Add to iGoogle

| More


Visit the source at Suzanne McDermott

Take some Basic Drawing Lessons.
Learn How To Throw A Big Draw In Your Neighborhood!
Visit Drawing America

6 comments:

RHCarpenter said...

I think your computer knew you needed to just sit and enjoy and not worry about blogging or sharing photos - so it went to sleep in the sun to tell you to do the same (with plenty of sunscreen, of course). Hope your burn is okay - I got one in the Bahamas once years ago that still gives me a reddish blotchy look on my neck where I missed a whole section with the sunscreen.

Suzanne McDermott said...

Yep, it was a good thing to be unplugged. Am loading up my peeling back with aloe vera as I remember that skin is the largest organ of the body. I think I'll survive!

Peggy Montano & Paintings said...

Thanks for the beautiful photos. Many times I have been at the Gulf and so enjoyed it. Hoping for lovely days to return.

Suzanne McDermott said...

Thanks for visiting, Peggy. So glad you enjoyed the photos so far. More to come...

Olivia said...

It is magnificent this pearly crab, it is the first time when I see one like that! In Brittany, they are very different.

Suzanne McDermott said...

So many crabs! I learned this when I tried to identify this one. Yours must have French accents.