A Good Foundation



You're already breathing and smiling.
Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don't waste it with a false start or no start at all. — Og Mandino
Your body has been lying in bed for hours. Before you hit the floor, do yourself a favor.
  • Wiggle your toes and fingers
  • Rotate your feet at the ankles and hands at the wrists in both directions
  • Point and flex those feet and hands
  • Give yourself a big long stretch
Want to try what I do?  First off,


Brush your teeth and clean your tongue. If you don't have a Stainless Steel Tongue Cleaner, use your toothbrush to scrub. I don't know what goes on in my mouth overnight but I do know that I feel better if it's clean before I

Drink a glass of water. Pure, filtered water. Still drinking out of the tap? My long-time favorite countertop filter is New Wave Enviro's Premium 10-State Water Filter.


Meditate. At the moment, I am working with a particular set of Kundalini Yoga breathing and meditation exercises. Even if you sit for ten minutes and follow your breath, you'll be doing a very good thing for yourself.


Say your prayers.  Give thanks for another day to get it right (and for the luxury and delight of a bed, a roof over your head and breakfast.)  For the last several years, friends have been asking for a print out my prayer.  Look to the right.  You can download your own copy for free.


Feed the animals. It's about time!


Do Yoga. If you do not already practice yoga, start now. It's never too late. Keep it simple. Start with one Sun Salutation then work up to five salutes every morning. It will only take you a few minutes. Beginners can look at this video of the Sun Salutation.


Write three pages. It doesn't matter what you write. Just write anything by hand and keep that pen moving. Something will arise. If you do not do this now, get started. Julia Cameron made Morning Pages famous. I've been doing it for many years. Writing three pages in the morning will help to clear your mind, get rid of garbage thoughts and prepare the way for clear action. This is especially helpful if you work for yourself. I promise that, in the process, you will work out problems that are in your way.


Eat a good breakfast. Here's the rule: Eat breakfast like a queen, lunch like a princess and dine like a pauper. Think about it. Food is fuel. Your body will be driving all day.


How are you going to fit all that in before you leave the house?  Start rising earlier. It's worth it.

This regimen is so ingrained in me that I feel weird if I miss a step. However, I do not mess with my own head if I do miss a step. Sure, I do not always feel like it but I do it anyway.  This little routine creates the support for my entire day.  No matter what happens, I built this good foundation that gives me strength.

Seth Godin wrote a recent post called I Don't Feel Like It. He's talking about work but it's worth reading because we all don't feel like doing something almost every day.  Do it anyway!

Do you have a morning regime that sets your day off to a good start?
____________________________________________
Enjoy this post?  Please subscribe right now!
 

Subscribe by RSS     Subscribe by Email!    Add to iGoogle
| More


Visit the source at Suzanne McDermott

Take some Basic Drawing Lessons.

No comments: