The new garbage bins



The new garbage bins
October 2007
Watercolor on Fabriano cold press paper, 5 x 7"
on hold for exhibit


One night I woke to see fire engines with the light rotating and firemen dousing huge licks of flames in the alley. "What the...?" I threw on my robe and walked down the lawn to find that all of the garbage bins along the alley had been squirted with lighter fluid and set ablaze. Now, there was some excitement. After a few phone calls, the city sent out new bins and here you see them in this painting.

See today's sketch and visit My Great Day for a song.

My songs and CDs

1 comment:

Sandy Maudlin said...

You sure lead an exciting life - lol. I like this, especially the quirkiness of why it inspired you to paint it. The garbage seems to have grown all that green lush vegetation. Nice job.