Hedge



Hedge
Watercolor, 9 x 12", no mat
$100
email to purchase


To see the study for this, go to Hedge Music. I've tried a few different versions of this scene I look out on while writing but this, the first version, works best. The trees are in bloom, the garden is flowering and the weather is gorgeous. I seem to be almost completely incapacitated by allergies. I am so tired that I have to lay down many times a day and force myself through the old task list. It's also challenging to complete a thought, not to mention a sentence. I've ordered what are supposed to be good remedies for allergies and am trying my best to eliminate foods that I'm sure are making matters worse.

Uh-oh! I thought I'd write about the painting but look what's happened! So this is what allergies are like? My reaction has become increasingly dramatic each spring since I've moved to middle Tennessee. I do not like to stay in doors with the windows closed, especially during such beautiful weather. Especially as I was planning to paint outdoors! Well, this is what's happening so I have to contend with it. Expect very few posts for a while but I'll do my best to keep my hand in.

In the meanwhile, feel free to browse through the archives (scroll down to see "Browse Around!" or "Themes and Variations" in the sidebar) and peek at My Great Day where I'll be posting photos and whatnot. Thanks for visiting!

11 comments:

RHCarpenter said...

Well, every year I feel tired and brain-fogged and I think it's allergies although autumn is the worst for me. I feel your pain! So many allergy sufferers around the Ohio Valley area, too. And BTW, I love the greens on this and the variety of lights and darks that make this painting such a beauty.

Suzanne said...

Hey Rhonda! Thanks for feeling my pain... :-) In dire straits last night, I followed the advice of an acquaintance and started taking Claritin and local honey I happened to have on the shelf. I know that it takes a little while to kick in but I notice a definite improvement today. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Mineke Reinders said...

Glad you're starting to feel a little better, Suzanne. It would be such a shame not to enjoy the garden in this season. I really love the colors and brushwork in your light-struck hedge!

Suzanne said...

Thanks, Mineke. I didn't realize how ill I was until I started feeling a little bit better! I haven't done any real work in the garden this year but it's fun to see what's coming back (bigger and better) from last year. Plus I have some mystery lilies that should show their blooms in the next week.

Dawn said...

love the painting Suzanne! I also have really bad allergies, they are getting worse each year. I finally found relief with allegra.
I do the same as you, nap.

Suzanne said...

Hi Dawn!. Yes, I think the pharmacist mentioned Allegra. I don't remember so many people (if anyone) with allergies while I was growing up (except maybe for bee stings). Of course, this must be a symptom of our poor, beautiful planet and our bodies in the throes of upheaval. Well, time for a little local honey and bed!

Susanne said...

lovely painting, Suzanne. It is really vibrant with light and colours.

HELENE J said...

great paintings to here!
I love the berches!

laura said...

This hedge vibrates with color and life! As a fellow allergy sufferer, I sympathize. I never had them until about 3-4 years ago, and now damp weather brings on chest tightness and shortness of breath; it's so debilitating, even now that I've gotten over panicking! Everything just takes so much effort when your allergies kick in; it's exhausting, physically and mentally. I hope you have relief soon!!

caseytoussaint said...

I love the way you can take a simple scene and really make it sing.
Sorry you've been under the weather, though. I hope you're completely better soon.

Trijnie said...

great work Suzanne