Birdbath



Birdbath
August 2006
Watercolor on archival paper,
6 x 4"
on hold for exhibit


And now for something a little different. For the next couple of weeks I am showing paintings I've made of my yard over the past few years. A lot has been happening around the yard and if you follow My Great Day blog, you'll see some of the comings and goings. Some of the goings have changed the character of the yard so these paintings over the next weeks, a bit out of season, will show how it looked to date.

Besides the big going in my yard, I hosted a reception for my exhibit last Thursday, am at the tail end of a studio spring cleaning and completing a book project so I've had very little time to paint. While you're watching these paintings go by, I'll be rustling up some new ones to show you when this run is through. I'll also be attending to the garden to set the scene for more paintings of the yard.

In late October 2005 I made the first painting in my yard of the old shed where my studio now sits.

I painted this birdbath some time in August 2006 after putting up the fence and hefting the basin up on the pedestal. (Those basins are heavy!)

This week I'll show paintings from late 2005 - 2006. Next week from 2007. You can see recent pen and inks of the yard at Studies and Sketches.

Buy or download my Songs and CDs

5 comments:

caseytoussaint said...

This is charming. Now I'm going to go have a look at your sketches.
Good luck with your Spring cleaning! It's hard to get started, at least for me, but it feels good, doesn't it?

Suzanne said...

Ah, yes! Spring cleaning feels very good. If I have trouble starting any project, I use an egg timer and set it to 15 minutes. That usually gives me enough time to get involved.

Mineke Reinders said...

This is great, I'm looking forward to your series of yard paintings. This reminds me: I need to buy a new birdbath, I need to clean out my studio...

Mineke Reinders said...

P.S. Is that a trumpet vine on the right? I like it!

Suzanne said...

Thanks, Mineke! I think it's a trumpet vine. It was here when I moved in so I can't say for sure but it's a vine, the flowers are trumpet shaped, so....